Did you know you could host your Orlando Science Center wedding surrounded by dinosaurs? We’ve known for years, because OSC is one of our favorite wedding venues in Central Florida! It’s located just outside downtown Orlando next to Loch Haven Park. As Orlando wedding photographers, we have photographed dozens of weddings at the Orlando Science Center, and we love it every time!
The energy of an Orlando Science Center wedding is certainly quirky and creative which suits many couples that are looking for something a little different. Loved by science nerds across the country, this is a place you HAVE to check out (even if you don’t know your periodic table).
Not only do they have amazing wedding spaces, they also have fantastic staff members to help you plan the big day, and make sure it runs smoothly. No matter what you’re looking to do, they have you covered.
Wedding Sites Available at Orlando Science Center:
- Dino DigsThis is their most popular, large, indoor event space. You can have the tables for you and your guests dotted around several exhibits including Stan (the life-size T-Rex). There’s even a roaring animatronic dinosaur. Which is particularly fun when your best man is giving a speech. This huge room will fit all your friends and family, and can be set up to also hold smaller more intimate weddings.
2. The Terrace
Get married overlooking the City of Orlando, glowing in the sunset, or under the stars. The terrace is a beautiful outdoor spot for a ceremony. Some wedding couples have their ceremony outside and move inside for the reception, others love the view so much they stay outside under the market lighting surrounded by the skyline of downtown Orlando for their reception. Talk about some unforgettable pictures!
3. Our Planet
It’s out of this world (Excuse the pun). The Our Planet room is great for an interactive cocktail hour or you can tie the knot in front of a suspended globe with projected images of Mars, the Moon, or even objects from galaxies far far away, like The Death Star. Get married and rule the galaxy together!
It has an array of engaging hands-on exhibits. Your wedding guests can shake things up on an earthquake simulator, make and launch paper airplanes, and predict clear skies for your celebration at our weather station.
Orlando Science Center Wedding Venue Video
Check out our Video Walk through tour of OSC
(yes, we offer photography + videography packages for weddings!)
Orlando Science Center Wedding Venue Tour
Our Favorite Wedding Photography Locations at the Orlando Science Center
There is never a shortage of fun wedding photography ideas at the Orlando Science Center. The terrace is always a great spot for a stunning sunset shot, and every now and then we sneak up to the observatory level for an even more epic twilight portrait.
We LOVE shooting in the SkyBridge, especially after dark – we get some extra flashes out and play with reflections on the glass wall! The Science Center is also right next to Lock Haven Park so if there is time it’s great across the street and get some portraits by the lake they’re always a really nice addition to the ones we can get in the Science Center building.
And finally (if you’re up for something unique) we can bring along some additional fun toys to project a planet or a night sky right over your faces! We have put together a few variations of portraits that we have taken at OSC.
Our Favorite Things about Orlando Science Center
- Close to downtown
- Indoor and outdoor space
There are so many things we love about this venue. All in all its a really well laid out, large space, with multiple options for all the fun things your wedding will entail. The staff are excellent at helping your day run smoothly, and the location is so central. If you’re looking for a super unique, random, fantastically amazing place to tie the knot then you should definitely check out the Orlando Science Center.
Orlando Science Center Wedding Venue Cost
The Orlando Science Center generally costs $3500-$5200 for a wedding. This includes tables and chairs, ceremony locations, reception locations, venue staff, and more. Be sure to contact them for the most up-to-date details.
For more information about wedding photography by Live Happy Studio
See our brochure – Click to open the brochure!
Email – [email protected]
Txt or call – 407-221-4379
For More information about the Orlando Science Center contact
Orlando Science Center Wedding Venue At-A-Glance
- How many people can the venue hold? 200
- General rate range? $3500-$5200
- Basics included in any venue rental?
- Event Furnishings
- (18) 60” round reception tables seating 8 guests comfortably per table
- (150) black or white resin chairs
- (10) 6’ tables
- (10) cocktail tables
- cake table included
- Complimentary garage parking with covered walkway.
- Dedicated Orlando Science Center Event Coordinator who will work closely with you and your vendors to ensure that the wedding proceeds smoothly and efficiently and will manage all of your day-of needs including placing reception and cocktail hour décor.
- Wedding rehearsal and day-of ceremony coordination.
- Additional event staff dedicated to setting up and breaking down your wedding, greeting your guests, security, and custodial care.
- 5 hours of celebration time from 6:00 –11:00 p.m.
- (Please note for a reception on the FINFROCK Terrace, celebration time is 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.)
- 2 separate dressing rooms available after 4:00p.m. on wedding day.
- Access to room diagram software which client and caterer can use to view diagrams created by Event Coordinator, to create seating arrangements, wedding timeline and much more.
- Digital signage monitors available for personalization such as photo slideshows and wedding branding.
- Scheduled drop off of all wedding supplies including any DIY décor, signage, seating charts, and favors.
- Access to Orlando Science Center for engagement photos
- Event Furnishings